Christmas gift ideas are totally swirling around in my mind. If you, like me, are also thinking of pretty little gifts that you can make ahead, here’s another quick idea for you. Also, if you are familiar at all with my blog, you’ll know that I did another bookmark idea not too long ago. Well, here’s another one, this time for all of you non-sewers out there. These are equally as sweet and completely easy to make.
Thinking of trying to make some for yourself? All the materials you’ll need are: fabric scraps, paperclip, button-cover kit, and hot glue/gun.
1. Cut out a fabric circle approximately twice the diameter of the button cover.
2. Place the fabric printed side facing down in the button-cover mold.
3. Push the front half of the button rounded side down on top of the fabric.
4. Tuck the edges of the fabric into the center, and then press the button back into it until it is firmly encased.
5. Thread the paperclip through the shank of the button until the button rests at the top rounded edge.
6. Hot glue in place. I dabbed hot glue around the shank area and also where the edges of the button back rest on the paperclip.