Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you’re all having a wonderful day with friends and family. In celebration of this day, I wanted to write out some kind of list reflecting on what I’m thankful for this year. Here’s what pops into mind immediately:
1. My fab 5. Daniel, Andrew, Heidi, Joseph, and Joshua. I’m so proud of this gang and love being their Mom!! Their hugs, kisses, and “I Love You’s” make my day everyday.
2. An absolute wonder of a husband. I could go on and on about his many good qualities and why I appreciate him, but I’ll spare you the details 😉
3. My parents. They’re awesome and I appreciate them more and more each year!
4. A comfortable, warm home.
5. Food–not just enough for my family today or enough for the next meal, but plenty stored up in my freezer, pantry, canned goods in my basement, etc. I know I take this for granted daily.
6. Health. It may surprise you to know that I haven’t been to the Doctor in a few years. That’s because I’ve been extremely healthy or, as my Mom-Mom would put it, “hale and hearty.” I KNOW this is something I take for granted all the time. Overall as a family my kids and husband are healthy too.
7. My husband’s job. No, it’s not always ideal and I’ve been known to grumble (especially around the holiday season) about his crazy hours. However, it’s always been steady work and has provided for our needs, even through these rough economic years.
8. Protection. We’ve had a very safe year with nothing major as far as injuries, accidents, etc. I especially had to think of this as I’ve been in 2 near-misses while driving recently. One was an almost head-on collision with my twins in the backseat. Believe me, I was reminded of how short life can be and was thankful for God’s hand of protection on us!
9. Location. I happen to live in a gorgeous part of the country and in a peaceful neighborhood. More importantly, I live in the United States and am thankful for our many freedoms and the country I live in.
10. My Lord. I saved this one for last as it’s by far the most important to me. Without God, I would have none of these other things I just listed. In fact I certainly don’t deserve any of them. I realize that each one could be taken away in the blink of an eye and I need to work on being thankful for all my blessings everyday, not just this time of year. In addition, I am thankful for all that God has done for me by sending His Son to earth to die in my place. If you don’t have a relationship with Him but would like to know more, please feel free to contact me at any time. I would love to answer any questions you have and tell you what a difference it has made in my life.
Well, I could easily go on and on with many more things I am thankful for at this time. However, I’ll stop there for now and wish you all a great holiday.