Christmas gift ideas have started to pop into my mind already. If you know me well at all, you’ve likely heard me state that I can’t stand the over-commercialization of Christmas. I love the simplicity of a thoughtful handmade gift.
This fall I plan to share some of my old & new ideas for sweet little handmade gifts, beginning with these cute bookmarks. I originally shared these waaaay back in 2011 and it’s one of the most popular posts I’ve had since I’ve been blogging! They are perfect for avid readers, obviously, and especially ones who still appreciate a great paper copy.
Thinking of trying to make some yourself? All the materials you’ll need are: fabric scraps, paperclip, button-cover kit, and hot glue/gun.
1. Cut out a fabric circle approximately twice the diameter of the button cover.
2. Place the fabric printed side facing down in the button-cover mold.
3. Push the front half of the button rounded side down on top of the fabric.
4. Tuck the edges of the fabric into the center, and then press the button back into it until it is firmly encased.
5. Thread the paperclip through the shank of the button until the button rests at the top rounded edge.
6. Hot glue in place. I dabbed hot glue around the shank area and also where the edges of the button back rest on the paperclip.